Saturday, December 31, 2011

I spent 2-3 hours grocery shopping today. I have never spent the amount of time that I did today reading labels. It's really kind of frustrating... There is no easy way to do this, I fear. I am all about the easy way.



I came home with a few gems... Turns out that Fifty50 peanut butter is delicious. I think it was dad's favorite find of the day. He was so upset when he told me that he couldn't have peanut butter anymore and I knew there had to be an alternative. I looked at so many fucking jars. I had nearly given up and finally found this in the diabetic section. Dad says it tastes like what peanut butter should taste like, natural. Fifty50 for the win! I also picked up some sugar free grape jelly and dad said it was delish. Don't remember the brand though...

I suppose agave nectar is mainstream now. I found several varieties of it at Kroger but ended up getting the Domino brand since there was a conveniently placed coupon beside it. I assumed it was fate. I've been wanting to try this stuff for a while but I never really use sweeteners and have yet to run out of truvia packets. As those are currently packed up in a box somewhere, I decided to buy some for the hell of it. It's not bad. Kind of tastes like corn syrup when it's by itself. Not bad in coffee so far. The bottle design is fantastic, too. It conveniently squirts instead of making messes. 


Some of the other interesting things I bought were whole wheat flour to learn to bake biscuits with, soy flour to learn to make sodium free soy milk, and stuff to make my first vinaigrette dressing! The dressing wasn't bad, used maybe 4 parts olive oil to 2 parts balsamic vinegar and it was missing that ya know so I threw in a few shakes of garlic powder and a squirt of agave. Yum! Everyone loved it, even my step mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment